yoinked from psiphiorg
Look up your birthday in Wikipedia (day and month, no year): for example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_18, list 3 events, 2 births, and 1 death from the result.
- 1778 - James Cook is the first known European to discover the Hawaiian Islands, which he names the "Sandwich Islands".
- 1896 - The X-ray machine is exhibited for the first time.
- 1975 - The Jeffersons debuts on CBS.
- 1782 - Daniel Webster, American statesman (d. 1852)
- 1882 - A. A. Milne, English author (d. 1956)
- 1936 - Rudyard Kipling, British writer, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1865)